OC Kids... Leading kids into a growing relationship with Jesus



This is the place to find out what we are planning, learning, and doing.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just finished a Church wide Series



It's been an amazing past 5 weeks as we learned what it means to be a follower of Jesus not just an enthusiastic admirer. Adults, youth and our kids were challenged during this series based on the book "Not a fan" by Kyle Idleman. I highly recommend the book!

Over the past five weeks we broke down the verse: Luke 9:23

Week 1: "If anyone"
Open Invitation to all

Week 2: "Come after me"
Passionate pursuit- Am I pursuing Jesus?

Week 3: "He must deny himself"
Total surrender... It's not about me but Jesus

Week 4: "Take up his cross daily"
An everyday death. Choosing to die to myself.

Week 5: "Following Jesus"
No excuses. Wherever, whenever, whatever.

Are you a fan or a follower?

For more info on Not a fan: http://www.notafan.com/

No comments: